PART TIME EVENTS & MARKETING COORDINATOR
General Description of Duties
The Events and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of all events of Operation Aware. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing and public relations plans and the maintenance of the website for Operation Aware. This position develops sponsorship/trade/business arrangements and relationships with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting Operation Aware events and activities. This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned with the Executive Director, other office staff and volunteers in attracting funding for Operation Aware.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed with this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write a business letter, an article, and a press release. Comfortable and competent in making presentations to groups.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities
Position requires demonstrated applied skills in word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and the ability to learn fund raising and web design and management computer software programs. Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment is required. Ability to hold a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and possess a car that can be used for work purposes.
Prefer a minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience in a paid special events, marketing and website management position. Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations,
Graduation from a 4-year college or university or 2-year degree with a minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute. Event, communication, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Planning, implementation and follow-up for all special events and annual receptions.
• Develop and maintain event and volunteer databases.
• Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
• Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution.
• Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events and marketing budgets.
• Responsible for silent auction, prize and in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
• Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
• Cultivate and implement with the Executive Director a business-based donor development program.
• Coordinate logistics of event ticket sales.
• Supervise and coordinate with event contractors.
• Annually develop and implement marketing plans and materials.
• Write, submit and follow-up to ensure placement on press releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media.
• Maintenance of website.
• Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization.
• Establish and expand merchandise opportunities.
• Actively participate and staff committees as necessary and appropriate.
• Assist the Executive Director in other fundraising programs as necessary, in particular monthly thank you notes and two annual appeal letters in May and December.
For 2019, key event dates include a gala on April 26, a golf tournament on August 12, and mail giving campaigns in May and December.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jeni Dolan firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.operationaware.org for details about Operation Aware.
Presentation and facilitation of the Operation Aware prevention and self-awareness program concepts to young people. Establish and maintain communication and positive public relations with teachers, administrators, parents, other service providers, and the community that we serve to establish better understanding of the program and its mission. This position requires some evening and weekend hours depending on the community event.
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Have a thorough understanding and recall of the curriculum and be able to present it enthusiastically in a learning environment.
Develop communication, presentation and facilitation standards to provide informational exchange with students, parents, teachers, administrators and/or site contacts. This duty ranging from faculty/parent presentation requests to daily scheduling issues.
Maintain an awareness of the different situations that might develop in a classroom discussion or role playing exercise. Monitor any negative incidents by reporting to the Director of Programs and the school administration.
Attend staff meetings, share experiences with other prevention educators, and develop network communication regard to teaching techniques.
Administrative responsibilities include: reviewing email daily and responding within 24 hours, maintaining schedule and mileage document submitted weekly, be responsible for OA materials in and out of the classroom.
Attend continuing education workshops and seminars
Work to enhance a team environment at the office and in the field. Convey a professional, positive attitude in support of the Operation Aware mission, understanding the impact of role modeling.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related area.
Experience working with youth desirable
Self-motivated individual that is flexible and reliable.
Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates professionalism in all areas.
Demonstrate positive attitude and exemplify OA philosophy.
Part time/ pay is based on experience. Contact Mackenzie Staples: email@example.com