To equip youth, through prevention education, with the knowledge and skills to make positive life choices.
Working with Youth is Our Specialty
We teach students how to make positive choices. Students learn to:
- Develop strong self esteem
- Deal with bullying
- Manage anger
- Communicate effectively with peers, parents, and other adults
- Make decisions
- Set goals
- Build positive relationships
- Develop personal responsibility
- Employ strategies to avoid drug, alcohol and tobacco use
Our effective and highly trained prevention educators meet with students once a week for eight weeks. In addition to our eight-week signature program, we offer school assemblies, parent group presentations, and youth group activities. See our program page for more information.
I had not experienced Operation Aware before this year. I've learned so much myself. The teacher is so transparent and relatable. Thank you for teaching all of us!
5th Grade Skelly Teacher, Tulsa Public Schools